Thursday 4 July 2019

End of Suffering, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

So instead of recommending this to everyone I know individually, as I've been attempting over the last few weeks, it's much easier just to publish my gushing here and make it available to all who care to listen.  I haven't been as excited about an album in a long long time, as I currently am about End of Suffering.

This album is wall-to-wall catchy tunes; every song is a banger, there's not a bad one on it. It's so much fun to sing along to, in the car, the shower, just everywhere throughout my entire life forever really. It's just chunky guitar riffs, snappy drums, stomping bass... 

The spectrum of styles drawn upon ticks almost every box for me: the in-your-face metal of Tyrant Lizard King (penned alongside Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello), the punk rock anthem Crowbar, the bluesy and soulful Love Games and the pure badass Latex Dreams; I was immediately hooked from the moody momentum of the first track to the heart rending beauty of Frank's final ode to his daughter (I'm not crying, you are). All I want right now is to listen to this album back to back constantly, and an album doesn't get better than that.

And the emotion in that voice! The raw pain and passion in Anxiety, Angel Wings and End of Suffering is almost unbearable.  I'm dancing, I'm singing, I'm a bit choked up - basically what I'm saying is this album is flawless and a masterpiece of modern punk rock.

I'd recommend at least one full listen of this album. I may be blinded because it's basically made for me, but I feel like you won't regret it.

As a footnote, I've started following Frank on Instagram and am now a little bit in love. He speaks openly about mental health issues and his experiences with depression in between absolutely killing it on stage at what look like electric gigs.  I mean, as if I didn't love him enough just through his music.

No comments:

Post a Comment